Teacher of Computer Science
Salary: Range from £21,870 - £26,609 per annum dependent on qualifications, skills and experiences
Start date: January 2020
K D Grammar School is an Independent 11-16 school for boys, founded in 1999 and situated in South Manchester. Housed within the Grade II listed Hartley Hall, the school boasts of culture, history and excellence. KD is a small school of 125 boys, with average class sizes of 15 students, thereby providing excellent opportunities of each student to reach his full potential.
KD is a high achieving faith school with a caring inclusive ethos based on Islamic values open to students of all backgrounds.
The successful candidate will:
• Have an appropriate teaching qualification and be qualified to degree level
• Be a Computer Science Specialist
• Be able to teach ICT
• Be able to teach key stage 3 and 4, up to GCSE level
• Be passionate about Computer Science and committed to delivering lessons that will engage and motivate our learners to succeed
• Have excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
• Differentiate teaching to suit learners of different abilities
• Be forward-thinking, inspirational and receptive to change
• Be proactive and able to work independently
*One day you will be involved teaching in our trust foundation primary school's students.
Applications from both NQTs and experienced teachers are welcome.
Please note that due to the size of the school, there is only one teacher of Computer Science who is responsible for the day to day management of the subject, but the school has a strong system of support in place to assist and advise staff. A subject leader allowance will also be available for the right candidate.
KD is a member of the Independent Schools Association.
Please email application forms, supporting statement and other relevant documents to : firstname.lastname@example.org
For further enquires, please email:
The School Bursar
KD Grammar School for Boys
Hartley Hall, Alexandra Road South,
Tel: 0161 860 7676
Please note that CV' alone will not be accepted. The deadline for completed application form is Friday 18th October 2019 at 12pm.
K D Grammar School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people in our school. in order to meet this responsibility, we follow a rigorous selection process. all successful candidates will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check prior to appointment.